EUCD Review and Implementation Wiki
- to identify best practice implementations of the European Union Copyright Directive (Directive 2001/29/EC) as legislated by EU Member States and compile them in a report. It should include the IPR enforcement directive and others from the acquis.
Slovenia has the only EUCD implementation that allows circumvention for the exercise of copyright exceptions. Switzerland is not in the EU, but in its implementation is currently debating allowing circumvention as well. Hungary has (had?) mandatory collective management for the making available right (von Lewinski). France ended up doing away with it but had passed a Global License along the same line. In Sweden links to copyright infringing stuff are not illegal. Germany allows making available for educational purposes in its §52a.
The report will be ready for the [Wizards of OS 4] on 14 - 16 September 2006 where a panel and a workshop will take place.
- Euro-copyrights.org by a pan-European network of young copyright scholars, striving to educate as many people as possible about the implementation of the European Copyright Directive and copyright laws on an objective and easy to understand way.
- EUCD-Status Wiki by AEL Association Electronique Libre
- Gowers Report, will review the current IP framework in the UK.
Resources by Country
25 current EU members
- United Kingdom
countries outside the EU implementing the WCT/WPPT
- Urs Gasser
- Ian Brown
- (maybe Bogdan Manolea, Iryna Kutchma)
- Vera Franz
- Teresa Hackett
- Maja Bogataj
- Sjoera Nas
- Tomislav Medak
- Loic Dachary
- Cornelia Kutterer
- Jean-Baptiste Soufron
- Michelle Childs
- Iryna Kuchma
- Bogdan Manolea
- Sarita Matijevic
- Bardhyl Jashari
- Veni Markovski
- Peter Mogensen
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.