Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 185:||Line 185:|
Revision as of 13:08, 9 June 2006
EUCD Review and Implementation Wiki
The purpose of this collaborative research effort is to identify best practice implementations of the European Union Copyright Directive (Directive 2001/29/EC) as legislated by EU Member States and compile them in a report. It should include the IPR enforcement directive and others from the acquis.
Examples of best practices include the following. Slovenia has the only EUCD implementation that allows circumvention for the exercise of copyright exceptions. Switzerland is not in the EU, but in its implementation of the WIPO Copyright Treaty (WCT) is currently debating to allow circumvention as well. Hungary has (had?) mandatory collective management for the making available right (see von Lewinski). France had passed a Global License along the same line but ended up doing away with it. In Sweden links to copyright infringing materials are not illegal. Germany allows making available for educational purposes in its §52a.
The report will be ready for the [Wizards of OS 4] on 14 - 16 September 2006 where a panel and a workshop will take place.
- Euro-copyrights.org by a pan-European network of young copyright scholars, striving to educate as many people as possible about the implementation of the European Copyright Directive and copyright laws on an objective and easy to understand way.
- EUCD-Status Wiki by AEL Association Electronique Libre
- Urs Gasser, Michael Girsberger, Transposing the Copyright Directive: Legal Protection of Technological Measures in EU-Member States. A Genie Stuck in the Bottle?, November 2004. An update page brings it up to June 2005.
- Link Collection by the Institut für Urheber- und Medienrecht Munich (in German / Stand vom 12. Juli 2004).
- European Charter on Film Online, best practices for industry, worst practices for privacy.
- Gowers Report, will review the current IP framework in the UK.
- Bernt Hugenholtz, Why the Copyright Directive is Unimportant, and Possibly Invalid. Published in  EIPR 11, p. 501-502
|Art. 1. Scope|
|Art. 2. Reproduction right|
|Art. 3. Right of communication to the public|
|Art. 4. Distribution right|
|Art. 5. E&L 1. must: Temporary acts of reproduction|
|Art. 5. E&L 2. may: a. reproductions on paper|
|Art. 5. E&L 2. may: b. private copy in any medium|
|Art. 5. E&L 2. may: c. library copies|
|Art. 5. E&L 2. may: d. ephemeral recordings by broadcasters|
25 current EU members
- United Kingdom
countries outside the EU implementing the WCT/WPPT
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.